Back in March, I attended Speak Out Seattle’s District 4 Candidate Forum. A friend and volunteer helped edit the 90 minute event down to this 10 minute version of my speaking portions.
We answered 9 questions, and were limited to one minute answers. I’ll admit that I was nervous, but given that it was my first public forum as a candidate, I’m pleased with my performance.
- Who are and why are you running?
- What can Seattle learn from similar cities where homelessness has dropped?
- What changes to Seattle’s approach to crime?
- In light of recent growth of city, what will you do to make Seattle more liveable and affordable? For instance, more condos?
- How would you rate the current city council? What would you bring to make it stronger?
- How would you have voted on MHA/HALA? How do you plan on voting on upcoming ADU legislation?
- What is your position on new police north precinct? (all candidates interpreted this to mean a SECOND precinct building. After the forum, the questioner clarified that she meant the planned replacement of the current precinct building, with a new building)
- What is your stance on upzoning and what effect will that have on low income housing?
- What would you do to improve transit to and from district 4?